Monday, July 12, 2010

Spider Ben!


I really dig this kid...
When I met with Ben to design his Graduation cake, I instantly liked him. He gave me a list of new video games to buy (on the off-season of course) and cracked me up with his College entrance Essay topic..."Benism". I might have to convert.

Anyway, being the voracious reader that he is, designing a grad-cake for him was a snap. He listed off some of his favorite books, coupled with a few nods to Nintendo DS, and his favorite Comic Books, and we were ready to roll.

I love a man who's into the classics, so I was thrilled to hear that "Spiderman" was his first choice for the frosting comic book that we were to create for the cake. Personally, I think it's the coolest of comic graphics, so to recreate it in Gumpaste and royal icing was a joy.


Jenna was kind enough to bring in her DS as a model for the Gumpaste on on top of Ben's cake, and I'm sad to report that I'm now hooked on some word game that she has on the damn thing. It's just one of the many sacrifices that I'm willing to make for my clients.

Can't wait to see his College Graduation Cake!

4 comments:

Nameless One said...

Thanks so much for the great cake! It looked and tasted great! The blog entry was also great and quite entertaining. Everyone loved the cake and it was such fun to watch people looking around in puzzlement for the cake.

Thanks!
Ben

faithy said...

awesome looking cake! the details are amazing!

SweetThingsTO said...

wow - your books are perfect - they look so real! Great details!

Jenniffer said...

I am amazed by how clean your work is, and I love your designs! Great work!!